By using the jiber.me website and iPhone application and the Jiber Services,
you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (
- You must be at least 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other Jiber users.
You may not use the Jiber Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos,
profiles, audio and video clips, links (
) that you submit, post, and display on the Jiber Services.
- You must not modify, adapt, or hack Jiber or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Jiber.
- You must not access Jiber's private API by any other means other than the Jiber application itself.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Jiber.
You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Jiber members (
- You must not use our web URLs in your name without prior written consent from Jiber.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Jiber, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Jiber account.
While Jiber prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Jiber cannot be responsible for
the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Jiber Services
at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Jiber Services for any reason, without notice at any time.
What constitutes a "material change" will be determined at our sole discretion, in good faith and using common
sense and reasonable judgement.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful,
offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Jiber.
The Jiber Services contain Content of Jiber ("Jiber Content"). Jiber Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent,
trade secret and other laws, and Jiber owns and retains all rights in the Jiber Content and the Jiber Services.
Jiber hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Jiber Content
(excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Jiber Services.
The Jiber Services contain Content of Users and other Jiber licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement,
you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any
Content appearing on or through the Jiber Services.
Jiber performs technical functions necessary to offer the Jiber Services, including but not limited to transcoding
and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Jiber Services.
Although the Site, iPhone application and other Jiber Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site,
iPhone application or other Jiber Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs,
or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Jiber. Also, although Jiber will
normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Jiber reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason,
without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Jiber in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not
retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Jiber encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content.
In other words, Jiber is not a backup service. Jiber will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or
discontinuation of the Jiber Services, or the loss of any Content.